Play for UNGA
Do you or your group have a music program for young audiences? A concert, a musical play/performance or workshop? Would you like to tour through UNGA Musik i Syd in the south of Sweden? To October 1, we invite all freelance musicians to apply their interest through a web form. Below you’ll find more info about the process and what touring through us involves.
During the autumn, our producers decide the selection of music productions that we will present next year. Have you applied earlier and would like to reapply with the same project, you’ll have to fill in the form again.
Every year, we select productions that municipalities and other live music organisers, within the public and third sector, can order at a lower price thanks to regional subsidies from Region Skåne / Region Kronoberg or the state subsidies Creative School / Preschool. It is a mission in line with Swedish cultural policy, where we contribute, throughout our region, to provide children and youth with more equal access to culture. Through our development centre we also run various projects and programs with the aim to increase in real life meetings with musicians and music our audiences might never have heard before.
- You are an experienced singer or instrumentalist
- You are genuinely interested in playing for young audiences
- Your production – its statement, form and content – should be relevant for a young audience
- Focus should be on the music; at least 60 per cent of the performance should include musical elements
- You need to be available by phone / email during the selection and catalogue process and be able to perform on our Showcase Days.
- You also need to be able to link to a film, with good quality of image and sound, showing (parts of) the concert, show or workshop, preferably with audience.
How to maximize your chances:
Four criteria we also look at, note that you don’t need to fulfill them all:
- The production is well thought out
- It has artistic and innovative qualities
- Aspects like diversity, gender equality and accessibility are taken into account
- The production has been shown to young audiences
Musicians in the Øresund region
Due to our geographic location, musicians based within the Øresund region have a bigger chance to become part of our selection, but that doesn’t exclude other productions from other regions or our neighbour countries taking part in the selective process. Factors like relevance, content, quality and budget decide.
Overview and selection
Throughout the year, our producers are looking at more or less finished productions that may be interesting for us to present to young audiences. They also regularly check the incoming web forms to overview and analyse the field.
In October, all our producers meet to discuss productions at hand and make their selection. The final selection is made in relation to the whole. In the first hand, producers contact the musicians who are part of the productions that they are interested in. The final decision is communicated in December.
A meet-up for you?
August 19 at 12-15 in collaboration with Musikcentrum Syd we arrange a workshop for frilance musicians at Barnens scen in Malmö. Welcome to Livemusik för ung publik.
Call a producer
You are always welcome to contact our producers. However, they are often out on the field and can be hard to get hold of. Therefore we will have specific telephone hours in August–September.
Wednesday August 21 and 28, 1–3 pm
Alice Samoilova 0703-31 12 06